2 x The Good Chook Skin Off Chicken Breast
500g truss baby tomatoes
1 chorizo, thinly sliced
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 pkt spaghetti pasta
½ cup ready-made basil pesto
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon ground garlic
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
parmesan cheese, finely grated
Sea salt and pepper
Optional: handful of toasted pine nuts
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and
place into a large serving bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons of pasta
water. Keep warm by covering.
2. While the pasta cooks, pour a tablespoon of the olive oil into a
wide pan and heat over a medium heat. Season the chicken with
the Italian seasoning, garlic, paprika, sea salt and pepper and
cook both sides of the chicken in the pan for 7 minutes each side
or until golden and cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes
before slicing into thin strips.
3. Wipe the pan clean with a few paper towels and add a
tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the tomatoes and season with sea
salt and pepper. Swirl around the pan and cook for a few minutes
or until the skin starts to wrinkle and they release some of their
juices. Remove from pan and wipe pan with paper towel.
4. Now add the slices of chorizo and fry each side until golden.
Remove and set aside.
5. Pour the pesto and pasta water evenly onto the pasta and mix
until evenly coated and then add the chicken, tomatoes and
chorizo over the pasta and toss everything together.
6. Top with fresh basil leaves, finely grated parmesan cheese and
• Add a handful of roasted and roughly chopped walnuts for
added a sharper flavour and crunch.
• This recipe also works well with chicken thigh fillets.
• Make this recipe gluten free by swapping the pasta with gluten
free spaghetti or penne pasta.
• Turn this recipe into a salad by dicing the chicken rather than
slicing and use spiral or penne pasta instead of spaghetti. Serve
cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of The Good Chook www.thegoodchook.com.au