These mouth watering lamb cutlets, are great for a
weeknight dinner or entertaining your friends on the
weekend. They are also a perfect canape addition for
12 Frenched lamb cutlets
1/2 cup plain flour
1 1/2cups breadcrumbs
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
Olive oil for shallow frying
To serve, grilled zucchini and lemon wedges
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (firmly packed), chopped
2/3 cup mint leaves, chopped
1 tbsp capers, chopped
1 tbsp chopped gherkins
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Dust the cutlets with the with the flour, shaking to
remove any excess. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese
together and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the cutlets into the beaten egg and then coat with
the parmesan breadcrumbs. Press the crumbs down well
and place on a tray in a single layer. Refrigerate for 30
3. Heat a large frying pan over a moderately high heat and
enough oil to shallow fry in. Cook half of the cutlets for 4
minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden.
Place on absorbent paper and keep warm while you cook
4. Serve the cutlets with the salsa verde, grilled zucchini
and some lemon wedges.
5. To make the salsa verde: Mix the parsley, mint, capers,
gherkins and lemon zest together with the olive oil.
Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper
Recipe courtesy of Australian Lamb www.australianlamb.com.au