Preparation Time: 15 minutes (plus proofing)
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes Makes: 1 loaf
3 1/3 cups (500g) Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Flour, sifted 1 x 7g instant yeast sachet 2 tbsp (40g) caster sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
300ml whipping cream
1 1/2 cups (250g) chocolate chips 2 tbsp (30g) butter, softened
2 tbsp (40g) caster sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
- Lightly grease and line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix together flour, yeast, sugar, vanilla essence, eggs and cream until dough forms. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until a smooth ball forms (alternatively, use a stand mixer).
- Place the dough in a large bowl, cover and stand in a warm place until doubled in size (approximately 1 hour).
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate filling. Finely
chop chocolate and mix with ingredients to make paste or use a food processor to blend until it becomes a course paste.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape approximately 25cm x 40cm. Spread chocolate filling on the dough and start from the short end to roll the dough, pinch ends and place seam side down.
- Place loaf in the loaf tin and brush with melted butter, stand in a warm place for 1 more hour.
- While the dough is rising, preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.