100g Copha, chopped
80g dark cooking chocolate 45%, chopped
2 ¾ cups (110g) Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles
½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 litres choc-mint ice cream, just softened
1. Place Copha and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until just melted and well combined.
2. Add Rice Bubbles, coconut and cocoa powder to a large mixing bowl. Pour in Copha mixture and mix well.
3. Arrange 8.5cm diameter egg rings onto a tray lined with baking paper. Spoon two flat tablespoons of crackle mixture into each ring. Press down to spread and compact the crackle. Remove rings and repeat with remaining crackle mixture to make a total of 16 discs. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
4. To make the ice cream filling, arrange egg rings onto a lined flat tray. Spoon enough ice cream into each egg ring to make eight 4 cm thick ice cream patties. Smooth out ice cream with a spoon or knife. Freeze for 10 minutes to harden.
5. To serve, sandwich the ice cream between crackle top and base. Transfer to the freezer for 1 hour or serve immediately. TIPS & HINTS • As mixture cools the crackle mixture will cling to the egg rings, making it difficult to get a clean edge. To avoid this, warm the mixture gently over simmering water or heat in the microwave for 10 seconds. • Ice cream should be just softened, not runny or melted.
To make it easier to form the ice cream patties, make 2 at a time and return to the freezer to harden. • Ice cream sandwiches can be made a day in advance. Store in a sealed container in the freezer. • Egg rings can be purchased from kitchen stores or from the kitchen utensil aisle of your supermarket. • Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving