1 Sachet (170g) Lion Biscuit Base Mix
4 tbsp (80g) of butter, melted 4x10cm flan tins
250g cream cheese, room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar 1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest 2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp powdered gelatine 300ml thickened cream Morello cherries in syrup to serve
1. Mix together melted butter and contents of one Lion Biscuit Base Mix sachet in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Press biscuit mixture over the base of four 10cm flan tins to make a firm crust.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until base is set.
4. Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla, lemon juice, zest and gelatine and beat until smooth and creamy.
5. Whip cream to stiff peaks, mix ¼ of the cream through the cream cheese mixture. Add remaining cream and fold through.
6. Top bases with cream cheese filling and refrigerate for 3 hours or until filling is set. To easily remove from the tin, run a hot knife around the edge of the filling before releasing from the tin. Serve topped with cherries in syrup.
To thicken cherry syrup place into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until a thick syrup consistency is reached. Allow to cool.