Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 35 mins Serves: 6 Difficulty: Easy
1kg (approx. 5) Granny Smith apples
2 tablespoons caster sugar
Zest of a lemon
1 1/2 cups (210g) frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon plain flour
1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
1 1/2 cups (135g) traditional rolled oats
1/3 cup (30g) desiccated coconut
150g Fairy margarine, melted
Golden syrup and vanilla ice cream to serve
1. Preheat oven 180°C/160°C (fan-forced).
2. Peel, core and cut each apple into thick wedges. Place
apples into a large microwave safe bowl. Cover with
plastic wrap and cook on HIGH for 6 minutes or until just
tender. Carefully remove cover and release steam.
3. Add sugar, lemon zest, blueberries, cinnamon and flour
and mix to well coat. Spoon into 8 cup (2 litre capacity)
baking dish with 5cm deep sides.
4. Meanwhile, to make the Anzac crumble topping,
combine flour, brown sugar, oats and coconut in a large
bowl. Pour in melted Fairy and mix well.
5. Sprinkle evenly over fruit. Bake 25-30 minutes or until the
top is golden and crisp and apples are cooked.
6. Serve with ice cream and a drizzle of golden syrup
• If you prefer crunchier apples, omit precooking apples
in the microwave. Add directly to baking dish along with
other filling ingredients.
• Roughly cut each apple into 12 wedges.
• Melt Fairy in saucepan over low heat, or in microwave on
HIGH for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.