250g (1 block) Copha, at room temperature, sliced
360g (3 cups) icing sugar mixture, sifted
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp boiling water
1. Place Copha in a large bowl of an electric mixer. Using the
paddle attachment, beat on a low speed until smooth.
Increase speed to medium and beat for a further 3-4
minutes, or until white and creamy. Beat in vanilla.
2. Gradually add sugar, 1/3 cup at a time, beating until
combined. Add boiling water and beat until smooth.
TIPS • To soften Copha, leave it out of the fridge for at least 24
hours. Thinly slice or grate.
• Alternatively, run the outside of the mixing bowl under
hot water then add sliced copha and beat. Do not melt
• There is enough frosting to ice a 22-23cm cake or 24
• Frosting is best used immediately after making. Add a
little extra boiling water if frosting starts to firm up.
CLICK ON LINKS BELOW FOR MORE TIPS • https://sugartreat.net/2020/05/28/how-to-use-cophafor-a-perfect-pipeable-frosting/ • https://sugartreat.net/2020/05/28/copha-buttercreamrecipe-for-hot-weather/
This recipe is more of a “buttercream” type of icing.
Royal icing is made from icing sugar and water. It is used
to pipe onto biscuits and doesn’t require any fat to give it
that whipped creamy texture.