Join the Whoz Cookn community
500 grams boneless chicken
cut into long strips,
4 tablespoons oil,
2 cloves garlic,
150 grams canned
mushrooms drained and
1 good bunch chinese leaves
(e.g. bok choy) cut into 4 cm
2 tablespoons oyster sauce,
1 teaspoon cornflour,
4 tablespoons finely chopped
500 grams cooked rice,
You may also use sliced
Salt & pepper
1. Season chicken pieces well with soy sauce salt &pepper.
2. Heat oil and fry garlic until light brown.
3. Add chicken and stir fry until cooked.
4. Add sliced chinese sausages.
5. Add mushrooms and chinese leaves, season them with soy sauce and Mix well. Cook for 3minutes.
6. Dissolve oyster sauce and cornflour in half a glass of Chinese wine vinegar.
7. Pour over chicken mixture. Stir well and when sauce thickens, remove from heat and fold in shallots.
8. In a separate pan fry eggs one by one in a little oil.
9. Put the eggs in 4 bowls.
10. Put some of the chicken mixture on each of the eggs.
11. Fill the bowl to the top with some rice. Cover the bowls with a plate each. Press plate well over the bowls.
12. Invert bowl contents on plates and serve hot with tomato & coriander chutney.
13. Decorate dish with chopped coriander leaves & optional king prawns. As they say in Mauritius, ‘Bon appetite’
Recipe supplied by