1 x 3kg whole salmon, scaled and gutted
(you can ask your fishmonger to do this for you)
5 ltr good quality fish stock
Lemon wheels – for garnish
Dill fronds – for garnish
2 pomegranates, seeds only – for garnish
250g plain Greek yoghurt
50ml lemon juice
¼ bunch chives, finely chopped
1/5 bunch parsley, finely chopped
Salt to taste
- Wash the salmon with cold water and pat dry.
Place in a large fish kettle (if you don’t one use a
large roasting tray).
- Pour the fish stock over the salmon so it is
completely covered. Cover the salmon with the
lid of the fish kettle, and place over burners (use
two for even heating) or a flat grill. Bring to the
boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, then to the
very lowest heat and very slowly simmer for
25 – 30 minutes.
- To check the fish, lift up the edges of the kettle
carefully and check with a thermometer – it is
cooked when it reaches 135 degrees. Continue
to poach if not cooked.
- When cooked, carefully remove the salmon
from the kettle and allow to drain and cool a
- Garnish with lemon wheels and dill fronds.
- Serve with yoghurt dressing and pomegranate
- Whisk together the yoghurt and lemon juice,
fold through the herbs and some salt to taste.
300g Dutch carrots 300g brussel sprouts
2 bulbs fennel 300g parsnip
300g Japanese pumpkin 300g sweet potato
200g baby turnip 300g baby beetroot
300g chat potatoes 50ml maple syrup
Fresh rosemary, thyme and sage
- Preheat your oven to 190°C, and line your
- If the carrots and parsnip are large, half
them lengthwise, otherwise leave them
whole. Place on a lined baking tray and
drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, maple
syrup, sage, salt and pepper. Roast for 45 –
60 minutes, until they are golden and crisp.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin, sweet potato,
and chats into large chunks and place on a
tray. Drizzle with olive oil, some rosemary
and salt. Roast for 45 – 60 minutes, until
they are golden and crisp.
- Trim the ends off the Brussel sprouts then
chop in half, quarter the fennel. Place on
a tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
Roast for 20 – 30 minutes until crisp and
- Place whole turnips and baby beets on a
tray, drizzle with olive oil, some thyme and
salt – roast for 45-60 min. until tender.
- Pile all your vegies onto a platter and serve