1.2kg free range chicken drumsticks, skin on
3 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tspn sea salt
2 tbspn Verjuice
2 cups Tomato, Olive, Rocket & Basil Sugo
2/3 cup Chicken Stock
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180c.
- Line a high-sided baking tray (approx. 30cm x 20cm) with baking paper, set aside.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large mixing bowl, drizzle over the olive oil, season with sea salt and massage into the chicken until well coated.
- Place a large non-stick fry pan over a high heat with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and once hot, seal off the chicken drumsticks on all sides until golden brown. Pour over the Verjuice to deglaze the pan, allow to cook for 30 seconds, then pour in the sugo and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove pan from the heat, then place the drumsticks into the lined baking tray, followed by the sauce.
- Place baking tray into the preheated oven and allow to bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5-7 minutes before serving.