3 1/2tbsp golden syrup
60g light soft brown sugar
175g plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2tsp ground ginger
1. Add butter, golden syrup and light
brown sugar to a pan. Stir on a low
heat until sugar has dissolved.
2. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger to a mixing
bowl and mix together.
3. Pour your sugar and butter mixture into the dray mix.
(step 2 mix)
4. Stir until its well mixed, as there is flour its quite
dense so you may need to kneed it with your hands.
5. Place the gingerbread between two sheets of baking
paper and roll until thin, about half a centimetre, not
6. Get your cookie cutter and cut the men, or any shape
7. Place the gingerbread into fridge for about 30
8. Remove the excess Gingerbread from around your
shapes, or remove the cut pieces and place onto a
9. Cook on low heat 170 for around 7 mins, keep you eye
on them they can burn or crack if overcooked. As soon
as they are golden brown they are ready.
Let them cool down then decorate.