BBQ ASPARAGUS NICOISE SALAD
8 chat potatoes
2 bunches asparagus, woody ends
2 x 300g tuna fillets
2-3 tsp olive oil
4 eggs, hardboiled, peeled
12 baby truss tomatoes
2/3 cup Kalamata olives
1-2 baby Cos lettuces
1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
6 anchovy fillets, drained
Fresh parsley or basil leaves,
Quince Glaze Dipping Sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Black pepper and lemon juice
1. Prepare dressing: Whisk all ingredients together in a small
bowl and set aside.
2. Steam or boil potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain
well and set aside to cool.
3. Pre heat BBQ or cast iron grill pan. Lightly coat asparagus and
tuna fillets with a little olive oil and sear each side 2-3 minutes
until lightly coloured. Take care not to over cook so tuna is rare
inside and asparagus is just tender but still bright green.
4. Remove from pan and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Cut tuna
into diagonal slices and cut asparagus spears in half. To serve,
arrange all ingredients on a serving platter. Just before serving
drizzle prepared dressing over salad, season with freshly
ground black pepper and scatter with fresh parsley.
• 1 X 425g can drained tuna in oil may be substituted for fresh
tuna steaks – great for the lunchbox.
• For this recipe to be gluten free, avoid using stocks, sauces and
condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient
labels on all products you use.
• For those who don’t need to avoid gluten, try tossing pieces
of toasted garlic Ciabatta bread through salad just before
MORE RECIPES CLICK HERE–