Sweet Potato and Crab Fritti
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped medium
- 100 g panko breadcrumbs
- 50 g cornflour
- 500 g sweet potato mashed steamed
- 1 onion finely chopped peeled
- 2 tbs fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbs fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 lemons juiced zested
- 500 g blue swimmer crab meat
- 75 ml coconut oil
- 1 cup cornflour *extra
- 2 eggs beaten *extra
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs *extra
- 1 aioli
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl with a fork. Mix together until evenly mixed.
- Use 2 spoons dipped in warm water to make 24 egg-shaped fritti. Place on a lined baking tray and leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge. Cover in flour, then dip and cover in beaten egg and then roll to cover with breadcrumbs.
- Fry in vegetable oil at 160C for around 4 - 5mins or until golden brown in colour.
- Drain on kitchen paper before serving with aioli and lime wedges.