250 grams pork mince
250 grams beef mince
1 onion diced fine
1 carrot grated
1/2 zucchini grated
1/2 cup cooked rice
2 red capsicum – choose the
capsicum with 4 feet
700 gram jar passata
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup grated tasty cheese
1 tablespoon finely grated
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 quantity of Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried chili flakes
3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 heaped teaspoon fried
2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground black
1. Grind the seasoning ingredients into a fine
powder with a mortar & pestle
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
3. In a large bowl mix together the pork mince,
beef mince, onion, grated zucchini, grated
carrot, cooked rice, Italian seasoning and egg.
Using your hands mix all the ingredients together
until well incorporated and the mixture
4. Take the capsicums and cut them in half long
ways, so that the have two feet on each side.
This will help to capsicum to lay flat on their
5. Divide the meat mixture into four equal portions,
filling each half of the capsicums. Place
into a baking dish.
6. Pour over the passata, making sure that each
capsicum is covered in the passata. Salt &
pepper the taste. Sprinkle over the grated tasty
cheese, parmesan and dried oregano.
7. Cover with a lid or foil. Be sure that the foil
is not touching the cheese, because when it
comes time to remove the foil, it may take the
cheese with it. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the lid or foil, reduce the heat to 180
degrees and continue to bake for a further 30
9. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with crusty bread and salad. Also delicious