3 cups self raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1 egg, beaten
Plain flour for kneading and rolling
1. Pre-heat oven to 190˚C.
2. In a large bowl, combine the self raising flour,
baking powder and sugar.
3. Grate the Copha over the flour. Rub the Copha
into the flour until mixture resembles fine
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture
and pour in ¾ of the lemonade. Mix to a firm but
tacky dough, adding more lemonade if required.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and
6. Roll dough out to a 4cm thick circle using a
floured cutter, cut out scones.
7. Using a floured cutter, cut out scones. Re-roll
dough as required.
8. Place scones onto a floured non-stick baking
tray. Brush scones with beaten egg and bake in
the pre-heated oven at 190˚C for 12 -15 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm.
NOTE: If making date or sultana scones, add ½ cup
of fruit and 1 beaten egg to the mixture.