Racks of Thomas Farms lamb to make 2 x two-bone portions (one rack = 2 portions)
Herb seasoning –equal amounts of rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, salt, pepper and Colman’s Dry Mustard.
Baste – Dijon Mustard, honey and a touch of balsamic vinegar
Herb crust – fresh bread crumbs,
finely chopped parsley, thyme,
finely chopped zest of lemon and
finely chopped garlic
1. Denude the lamb rack (trim all the fat off the bones completely)
2. Season with the herb and dry mustard mix.
3. Sauté the herb-covered rack in a sauté pan with olive oil at high heat for 3 mins on each side to
sear the herbs to the Lamb and remove from the heat and allow it to cool down.
4. Once the rack of lamb reaches room temperature, the rack is then brushed with the
5. The top of the rack of is then rolled and pressed into the crust mixture.
6. The fully-coated Crusted Rack of Lamb is then placed on a sheet pan (crust side up) and
roasted in the oven at 260°C for 8 minutes
7. Remove the cooked rack of lamb
from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Cut into double chops – 2 x twobone portions – and serve