What you will need:
For the dough
- 1 x sachet Lighthouse Crusty White Vienna Bread Mix
- 1 x 7g yeast sachet
- 220ml warm milk
- 110g caster sugar
- 70g butter
- 2 eggs
For the filling
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 70g butter, melted
- Dissolve the yeast, sugar and warm milk in a bowl.
- Combine butter, salt, eggs and flour and yeast mixture in a bowl. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead well.
- Place dough into a bowl and cover. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, prepare the filling by combining the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mixing well.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and roll into a rectangle approximately 50cm long, 40cm wide and ½ cm thick.
- Preheat oven to 200c (180c fan forced) and line a large baking tray.
- Spread the melted butter evenly over the dough and sprinkle generously with sugar mixture.
- Carefully roll the dough long side to long side.
- Cut into 3cm thick slices and place on prepared tray.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Notes: Prepare a simple icing to serve with scrolls.